Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

+WIP it! Leman Russ stage 1+


Hello everybody,

its been awhile since my last post, but I hope everone is well, I've just been super busy with regular life stuff so the hobby is still happening but the hobby of blogging about my hobby has taken a bit of a back-seat.

I'll start off with some show & tell then finish off with some deep thoughts I've been having lately.




So roll out the Russ. Again I'm working with a color modulation technique, this one a little less bright, and I like the darker grey look overall and will use that for the rest of the vehicles. The Chimera that is already colour coted is for the psyker battle squad so I think the fact that it is different works with the fluff and eliminates any confusion about who were on the table-top/battle-field.




They still will get the tiger stripes of red like the previous Chimera as well so thematically the army should tie together quite nicely.


Anyway onto the deep thoughts:

So I've been looking at Blogs a lot lately and I feel I fall into the same category which is that I am offering images and pictures of my latest projects but I don't really feel like I am necessarily adding anything unique to the discussion. I've thought about different avenues I could work with and nothing really jumps out.

So I'm left with the feeling that my blog although fun for me is really just an echo chamber for my own thoughts and not really adding to or, Iguess, enriching the hobby. So what do you think is just plugging along and blogging about my latelest model or list or game really something that people want or should blogs attempt to offer something more meaningful to the hobby world?



Cheers,
Hashshashin




Smoke Blood for the Blood God

1 comment:

  1. Nice work with the Russes! I'll look forward to seeing them finished. I had a look at your Chim as well, the tiger stripe pattern is certainly unique!

    As for your blog, I say just do what you want with it! I certainly enjoy simply seeing what other people are up to, and get a lot of ideas purely from that. As a result, you're enriching the hobby simply by showing off models that you've done your way - there's always someone who will find something new in it!

    Of course, if you've done a conversion or something that you think others might like to know how to do, pop up a tutorial - but don't feel like you have to do it. Just do with your blog what makes you happy, and people who recognise that will come to check out your work!

    ReplyDelete

Also Check It!

Related Posts with Thumbnails